Top 5 Of My Favorite Outfits From Last Semester

Going to school in the city, I have always felt a need to always look and feel my best. When away at school in the city, I'm always allowed to express my style free of judgment, form strangers and my mother. I can wear four inch chunky sneakers without people thinking I resemble a clown. Also, being a typical millennial who loves a good Instagram story, I tend to post these outfits. Here are five of my favorites from last semester.



1. Wannabe Blair Waldorf
   To this date, this is always going to be my top favorite look. I have always been a Gossip Girl fan and take no shame in using Blair Waldorf as a style inspiration. Although I am 99% sure, Blair would never wear ripped jeans, it gives a more casual feel to a done up look. The white blouse with the connected black loose bow tie is from Forever 21 along with the velvet heeled boots. The beret was slightly overpriced from H&M but definitely worn to its full ability. On this particular day, which as you can see from the Instagram sticker, was a Monday, which meant getting homework done, and getting lunch with friends. Although, I never had any Monday classes, that just meant I would be able to put a little extra time into my outfit




2. Everything Is Better Oversized
   With it being such a long winter, this became one of my go-to outfits. An oversized sweater with anything can be cute and comfy when going for a casual look. The sweater was purchased from the men's section at a discounted price from one of my favorite stores, Bershka. While the plaid pants were purchased from Forever 21. I'm always purchasing oversized shirts and sweaters because they can be worn in so many different ways. Cropped, as a dress, as a shirt, and not to mention they are always 10X more comfortable. I have worn this outfit, exploring the city with friends, to class, and running errands. The sweatshirt and sneaker combo make it comfortable for any outfit and defeats my urge to want to go home and change half way through an outing. It might just be me, but, if I'm not comfortable in my outfit then it puts a damper on my day.




3.Thigh-high Or Hi-thigh
Thigh highs are such a major statement piece and when paired with the right skirt can have the perfect girly effect. I rarely will wear those heeled boots, purchased from Aldo's, for a long period of time, only because they are taking forever to break in and they kill my toes! A plaid skirt is such a must in any wardrobe. Mixing and matching shirts and shoes can take a look from girly to sporty to casual to dressy. On this particular day, I was having a Valentine's Day dinner with one of my friends so I knew I would only be wearing those shoes for a couple of hours. If I were to go for a more casual look with these boots. I would wear them with a pair of jeans and cropped flowly top.



4.Welcome To The 60's 
  Another one of my favorite outfits, yet again, is a comfy/cute masterpiece.  With white thigh high socks and the green sweater dress, exudes 60's vibes. This sweater dress was an impulse purchase from Bershka, while the thigh-high socks were purchased from the online store Boohoo. Of course, you can never go wrong with chunky sneakers but I also would have paired this outfit with white heeled boots to elevate this look to a dressier moment. On this particular day, I was going to classes and hanging around with friends, which is probably why I paired the outfit with sneakers. I love a heeled boot, but they absolutely kill when you're going up and down six flights of stairs,





5.For the Love of Mini Skirts
  This skirt is a Paul Smith creation and can go for $400 but I throated it for $15, which in my opinion was an amazing deal! At the time I had no idea that I was getting such an amazing bargain, I just though the skirt was different and was definitely not going to be seen in any stores. As we all know, from this post, I'm all about looking and and feeling comfortable. Luckily chunky sneakers with dresses and skirts are in right now, because I would be wearing them regardless.

Comments

Popular Posts